Taxes keep the country moving, but we’d all like to pay a bit less of it. Using tax reductions in France, residents can reduce their tax bills while still contributing their fair share to the national economy.
Take a look at our extensive list of French tax reduction opportunities and see if you could save money on your annual income tax bill. For more information about tax reductions, tax credits and general tax information, contact Elitax today.
Elitax has been helping people with their tax returns for almost two decades. In that time, we’ve come to learn the many ways that individuals can make savings. With that in mind, here are 27 ways to offset expenditure or investment against income tax:
1. Donations and grants to a charitable organisation
2. The cost of employing help in the home
3. The purchase of shares in small and medium enterprises
4. Subscription to mutual fund units for innovation (Fonds Commun de Placement dans l’Innovation – FCPI)
5. The purchase of local investment funds (Fonds d’investissement de proximité – FIP)
6. The purchase of shares in movie production companies (Soficas)
7. Interest on a loan for the takeover of small and medium enterprises
8. Real estate investment under the “Duflot Law”
9. Real estate investment under the “Pinel Law”
10. Real estate investment under the “Scellier Law”
11. Investment in the restoration of buildings under the ”Malraux Law”
12. Conservation or restoration of buildings classified as historic monuments
13. Investment in rental property in the tourism sector
14. Investment in property for rental at accessible rates for social purposes
15. Investment in the forestry sector
16. Dependent children’s school fees (Secondary, High School and College, University)
17. Compensatory benefits in the event of a divorce judgment or conversion
18. Premiums paid on “survival annuities” or “disability savings” contracts (rente-survie: Epargne Handicap)
19. Residential living expenses for dependents
20. Assistance to people who set up or take over a business
21. Interest earned on the transfer of a farm with deferred payment
22. Contributions for the prevention of forest fires
23. Expenses for the conservation, preservation or restoration of classified artworks
24. Acquisitions of national treasures
25. Bookkeeping and membership fees paid by members of approved management centres and associations (Centres de gestion agréés)
26. Non-professional rental investments in furnished residences
27. Investment in France’s overseas départements
Unlike with tax credits, no reimbursement will be made if the total amount of tax reductions exceeds the total income tax owed. However, any unused tax reductions for donations to charitable organisations can be carried over to the following tax years.
We’ve helped hundreds of clients resolve their tax issues.
As a retiree, I strongly recommend Elitax’s services. I much appreciated their personal touch, the attention to detail and the excellent value for money they have provided. They have really taken a lot of weight off my mind.
As an American/French couple living in France, we really had no idea what to do when it came to dealing with our newly conjoined taxes (both American and French), so we are eternally grateful to Elitax for their help. They not only did a magnificent, efficient job with our taxes and with answering our many, many questions, but also they reached out to their contacts on my behalf to help with setting up my own French business. We really could not recommend them highly enough to anyone searching for a truly trustworthy and highly capable team that will take good care of their taxes.
Eliane Rakotonoel’s assistance has been essential to us in order to properly submit our tax information in France. We are very confident that all of the documentation is correct and that we are well represented in all things related to taxes in France. Everyone who works in her office is very professional and pleasant. We are very fortunate to have found her when we needed help and we happily recommend her to anyone who needs assistance with taxes in France.
Represents a personal tax service that most of us require in this complicated world of technical electronic advancement and continual tax legislation changes. On my first introductory interview I was impressed by the personal and warm relationship the company’s ambiance engendered; important when dealing with tax matters.